Fry the chopped garlic and onion until turned yellow. Add the chicken and fry until well cooked. Add the shrimp, pickled white radish and soya bean curd, then add the eggs and scramble, Put in sugar, fish sauce, vinegar, tamarind juice and stir-fry until mixed well, then add the spring onion and half a cup of bean sprouts (the rest is for garnishing) and stir-fry until cooked. Garnish with ground roasted peanuts, ground dry red chili, bean sprouts, a lime wedge and the remainder of the spring onion.
- 3 cups narrow rice noodles (Sen Lek) soaked in warm water till flexible
- Cup sliced chicken meat, small trips
- 4 shrimps
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 1/3 cup soya bean curd, cut into small silvers
- 1 tablespoon pickled white radish (Chai-Po), chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shallots or onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground dry red chili or paprika
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice (substituted by vinegar)
- 1/3 cup spring onions, chopped to 1 ½ in. lengths
- 1 lime. For garnishing, 2 tablespoons ground roasted peanuts.